If you love ice cream....
if you love bananas....
Boy, are you gonna love this!
This is my secret weapon when it comes to tasty treats and healthy snacks. You can make this ice cream with only one ingredient.
Yes! Only ONE ingredient!
Here's what you will need:
- bananas (usually the older spotted ones taste better) 6 bananas= about 1 pint
- food processor or blender
- flavors.. (I'll get to that later)
|Spotted bananas taste sweeter for this recipe|
- Chop up your nanners in to chunks. I've found that cutting them in to thirds is sufficient enough for my processor but you may have to chop them smaller for appliances with less power.
|small chunks of banana|
- Put your chopped bananas in to freezer bags and allow to thoroughly freeze.
- Once frozen, put your banana chunks into the processor and turn that sucker on! You may have to use the "pulse" function (or similar) to keep the bananas from getting stuck. Your nanners should go through a couple stages...
I portion my ice cream into reusable cupcake cups and freeze them for single serving use!
This is probably a good point to talk about flavors!
So I've been making banana ice cream for a while and I've collected a few flavors along the way..
**(All the ingredients are "per 6 bananas")
Banana Peanut Butter and Honey
Add 1 tbs peanut butter and either mix in a big squeeze of honey or drizzle a little over top.
Reese's Banana Ice Cream
Add 1/2 c of chopped reese's peanut butter cups. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.. :)
1+ 1/2 tbs Nutella.
Banana Rum Raisin
1/2c raisins (chocolate covered work too)
1/2 tsp rum flavoring
1/2 whipped topping (honey adds more flavor too!)
1/2c chopped strawberries (frozen strawberries blend well in processor/blender or hand mix for fresh)
At any rate, get creative! You can have ice cream for breakfast now! Remember its only bananas!
Okay you wonderful interwebbers, Thanks for being patient with me while I "get well soon." See ya next time!