Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Curious State of Affairs


I dare say curious, indeed. Check out Henry (ahn-rhee) balancing delicately on the tip of one of the plants in the aquarium. I've been feeling a bit like Henry lately. Swaying in the current, and all the while, performing my own delicate balancing act consisting of day to day duties and being sick. My apologies for being so blunt. It seems as though, with the coming of gorgeous spring-like weather, I have fallen a bit ill.

Strangely, my spirits have not followed suit. My garden has gotten on just fine without me. In fact, the heavens themselves have opened up and enriched and softened the soils while I could not. It rained for 3 days but never flooded any of the newly planted beds. The chickens have had a marvelous time pecking and scratching for worms and other creatures that have ventured forth from their flooded dwellings. Everyone is happy and healthy and the Earth keeps spinning and hurtling through space at unimaginable speeds. I was not completely useless though.. 



I have made newspaper cups for sprouting the season's seeds. I should have the tutorial up tomorrow. I also finished the green spiral coconut sugar cookies that I intend to have posted by the end of the week as well. I'm super excited to share those with you, they made me happy when I (probably shouldn't have had them) was feeling particularly ill and not my usual Radio Birdtastic self.

Sneak peek at unbaked coconut sugar spiral cookies

In the mean time, I hope you are well and have found time for a good book. Truly a blessing it is to have the time to read for pleasure's sake. Now go have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment